CBDT released New ITR-4 (Sugam) for the AY 2020-21
Following are the key changes made in the said form:
1. If having Passport, its number is to be given
2. If incurred aggregate expenses exceeding Rs. 2 lakh on foreign Travel for self or for others, then amount to be specified
3. If deposited aggregate amount exceeding Rs. 1 crore in one or more current accounts then aggregate of amount deposited in all such accounts to be specified.
4. If spent amount exceeding Rs. 1 lakh on electricity consumption then specify such aggregate amount.
Click on the link to know more:
5. If any assessee owns property in coownership then he will not be eligible to file ITR 1 Sahaj or 4 Sugam.
6. In case of 44AD or 44ADA or 44AE now the assessee will be required to give opening balance of cash in hand and opening balance of bank accounts and also will be required to give total amount received in cash during the year total Amount deposited in bank during the year, total amount of cash outflow out of cash balance during the year, total amount of withdrawal from Bank during the year and closing balance of cash in hand and closing balance of banks.
7. Now there will be no need to provide figures of unsecured loans, sundry debtors, sundry creditors, amount of closing stock, etc. as was required in earlier years
#incometax #ITRforms #AY2021 #CBDT